January'20 Notes from the Editor

Fiona Nicholl,

Director Skål International

G’day Skålleagues,


A very Happy New Year to you all! 


As we have ventured in the new year, we can now officially welcome Peter Morrison from Christchurch, New Zealand as our 2020 Skål International World President! I’m sure we can all agree that Lavonne Wittmann did an amazing job and we thank her for her service to Skål International.


The Skål International Executive Board recently met in Peter’s home town of Christchurch for our first board meeting of 2020. A special thanks to Peter and Jan for their amazing hospitality. A big thank you to Andrew Wood from Bangkok who wrote a great article on our meeting. Check it out below!


As you have seen in previous communications, Australia has been dealing with the devastation of the bushfires which has affected our tourism industry. 3% of our country was badly damaged and the other 97% is open for business. I want to thank all the Skålleagues who donated. Skål Australia has raised over $13,000 AUD. 


On behalf of the Skål Executive Board and HQ team in Spain, we thank you all for your patience and understanding while we continue to work through the transition to the new system. You should all now have access to your logins and be able to re-set your password and update your details. If you have any issues with the system, we ask you to please 'Create a Ticket' and this will be actioned by one of the team.


Wishing you all the very best for 2020 and I hope it’s a happy and successful year for you all!


Yours in Skål,

Fiona Nicholl